Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Panama Goodbyes











One of the great things about living in Panama for half the year is that one meets many individuals and couples from all over the world. To be honest, most of the people we meet who are not Panamanians, are usually from Canada. They are serious about escaping the darkness and the cold, just as we are serious about getting out of Seattle's darkness. They all have interesting stories and attitudes.








There is a community near ours called Coronado. It is primarily an expat community and seems to attract expats who are relatively conservative in their thinking, some holding a semi libertarian view. I'm big on freedom, myself, so I can relate, but as a couple we are progressive Democats. I am very open in my communication, and often surprise the libertarians with my view that govenment has a role in helping people.








Before we left for Seattle we had last visits with some of our new friends.

No comments: