Monday, January 19, 2009

Mason's Report, Jayne's Gardening, John's Swimming


This is our grandson Mason delivering his report on Panama. His Mother Sarah says he was quite the performer. Mason is pointing at a picture of himself and his brother Maverick with our caretaker Dimas, after Dimas had prepared a coconut for each grandchild to drink.

Other pictures in his presentation include, from bottom left, a fruit stand, Mason and Maverick with a large insect at the Altos waterfall, a beach shot, the coconut picture, Mason in a sombrero at Cholos, Mason with Ty's insect collection, and a picture of our casita.

Notice the use of the microphone and the rapt attention the report is given. This kid could be president someday!

Jayne has been buying and planting numerous plants around our casita. Below is a picture of the flowers surrounding our short front walkway. Durinjg the day there are beautiful, delicate, purple flowers. They all fall off in the evening, and reappear the next morning.



We have had a small palm in front of the front bedroom, but it will never grow tall enought to shade the window. So, we have planted a larger palm which has the potential to grow tall enough. The small palm in front of the taller one has been transplanted to a neighbor's yard. The remaining tall palm will be surrounded by flowers.



Sarah gave me a gift of an emergency life vest to use while I swim. I did not use it immediately, as I have no real fear of what could happen to me in the Ocean. To make her and others in my family feel better about what could happen to me on my hour plus swims each morning, I have begun wearing it. The yellow vest folds into a small camaflage colored packet, which is on a belt around my waist. It is inflated by activating a gas cartridge. Hopefully, I will never need it.





No comments: